Creamy, dairy-free pasta sauce made with a tahini (sesame seed) base.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional for a dairy-free cheesy flavor
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 16 oz fettuccine or pasta of choice
*IF ADDING TOPPINGS: If you are adding any additional toppings, you may want to start cooking these first because they usually take the longest.
Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
While your pasta is cooking, combine all other ingredients (tahini, water, salt, garlic powder, lemon juice, white pepper, and nutritional yeast) in a large bowl and mix well.
When your pasta is done cooking, strain the pasta and immediately add it to the sauce. Stir to combine. Add in any optional toppings and serve.
- To make this dish completely gluten-free, simply substitute the pasta with gluten-free pasta.
- If you don't think you will finish all of the pasta, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container for a few days. However, like most creamy pasta sauces, the pasta will absorb some of the moisture and it will be slightly drier after the first day. When you reheat the pasta, just add a splash of water or plant milk and mix it in beforehand. It should rehydrate just fine!
- Recommended Method: If you want to avoid doing this, only cook the amount of pasta you will eat and use enough sauce for that amount. Save the leftover sauce in an airtight container. When you want some pasta, make new pasta and add it to the sauce!
- If the pasta ever becomes too dry, just add in a splash of water and mix! If you use al dente pasta you might run into this problem because the pasta will absorb the moisture faster.
Calories: 631kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 23gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 620mgPotassium: 498mgFiber: 7gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 96IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 4mg