Spicy Udon Noodles with Sriracha Tofu
Vegan Udon Noodles with some heat
Spicy Udon Noodle Sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil plus more for stir fry
- 1 tsp agave
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- 1 serrano pepper grated
Stir fry Veggies:
- 4 cups cabbage cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion cut into thin strips
- 1 bag stir fry veggies (20oz)
- udon noodles 400g (1 package made of two small bags)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- sriracha (enough to cover tofu)
Spicy Udon Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in small pot and heat over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. (**Make sure ginger, garlic, and serrano peppers are GRATED, not minced)
For Udon Stir fry:
Chop onions and cabbage into thin strips.
In a wok on medium heat, add some sesame oil and cook a bag of stir fry vegetables until thawed.
Add in onions and cabbage and cook all veggies until soft.
Add in bags of udon noodles and allow them to separate. (**Do not force them to separate. It may take time)
After the noodles have separated, add in the spicy udon sauce and tofu and stir to combine.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.