Buffalo Wild Wings Vegan Options
You might not be able to chow down on some wings, but if you’re a vegan and find yourself at Buffalo Wild Wings, there are some plant-based options for you.
While eating plant-based at this restaurant is not ideal, their Allergen Guide is helpful in finding vegan options at Buffalo Wild Wings. This guide is updated regularly, so be sure to check it out every time you go!
By just skimming through the BWW allergen guide, you can tell that ordering vegan here can be tricky. Many of the seemingly plant-based options are actually not vegan.
Things to watch out for while eating vegan at Buffalo Wild Wings:
- Don’t just assume their fries are vegan. B-Dubs makes it clear that many of their fried foods are actually fried in beef shortening.
- Beware of the black bean burger patty. While the name might draw vegans in, it is only vegetarian and not vegan, as it contains milk and eggs.
- Like many restaurants, there is always a chance of cross-contamination with animal products.
If you’re looking for vegan food at Buffalo Wild Wings, please be aware that this restaurant cannot guarantee that any item is vegan due to cross-contamination. However, if you are fine with eating foods that have disclaimers like “may contain milk,” then you should be able to find options here.
The official disclaimer posted on the B-Dubs allergen guide:
Because of our reliance on suppliers for accurate information, shared cooking and preparation areas in our kitchens, and cooking procedures, we cannot eliminate the risk of cross-contact or guarantee that any item is free of any allergen and no items are certified as gluten-free, vegetarian or vegan.
I won’t lie, the vegan options here are pretty slim. But if you’re of the legal drinking age and don’t see anything you want, you can always order a beverage! There are many mixed drinks and beers to choose from, and many of them are vegan-friendly — just ask your server.
To make it easier, I put together a guide with some Buffalo Wild Wings vegan 0ptions, but your particular BWW might have some off-menu items that are not listed.
As always, be sure to tell your server of any dietary restrictions or allergies before ordering to ensure that your food is vegan or allergen-free.
Buffalo Wild Wings Vegan Menu
Table of Contents (click to jump)
- Street Tacos (ask for: no chicken, no ranch, and no parmesan garlic)
- you’re left with tortilla shells, pico de Gallo, and cilantro. You can ask for some salsa, avocado, jalapeño peppers, or other vegan sauces on the side.
- Everything Pretzel Knots (ask for: no cheese and no honey mustard specify no butter)
- Garden Chicken Salad (ask for: no chicken, no croutons, and no cheese)
Sides and Extras
- Tator Tots (may not be fried in beef shortening, according to the 2020 Allergen guide but always ask first because can vary by location)
- Side Salad (ask for: no croutons, no cheese, and vegan dressing)
- carrots and celery
- pico de gallo
- mandarin orange
Dressings, Sauces, and Seasonings
- White Wine Vinaigrette
- adobo sauce
- Asian Zing sauce
- Blazin’ sauce
- Caribbean Jerk sauce
- Hot sauce
- Hot BBQ sauce
- Jammin Jalapeño sauce
- Mango Habanero sauce
- Nashville Hot Sauce
- Sweet BBQ
- Teriyaki sauce
- Wild sauce
- Chipotle BBQ seasoning
- Desert Heat Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Salt and Vinegar Seasoning
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Buffalo Wild Wings Black bean burger vegan?
- No, the black bean burger here contains both milk and eggs, so it is not plant-based.
Are fried pickles at Buffalo Wild Wings vegan?
- No, the fried pickles are not vegan because they are fried in beef shortening. It is best for vegetarians and vegans to stay away from fried food at this restaurant as nearly everything is fried this way.
Does Buffalo Wild Wings have cauliflower wings?
- B-Dubs does not have cauliflower wings at the moment, nor does it have any plant-based meat alternatives.
If you liked this guide, check out more of my Vegan Restaurant Guides!
Menu items are always subject to change — if you see any new vegan options or any menu items that are no longer available, please contact me or leave a comment below!