This roasted Maple Sweet Potatoes recipe is packed with flavor without using brown sugar or butter! That’s right, bring these vegan sweet potato bites to your Thanksgiving dinner and wow everybody. The sweetness comes entirely from maple syrup, and the fresh rosemary brings the dish to a whole new level.
Maple Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- sweet potatoes
- fresh rosemary
- ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
- olive oil
How to Make Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This side dish is easy to make and requires little prep time. The first thing you want to do is to mix together all of the ingredients besides the sweet potatoes. This will allow the fresh rosemary to absorb some of the moisture and oils so that it will not burn in the oven.
After you mix together the ingredients, peel the sweet potatoes. I recommend using a vegetable peeler instead of a knife. With regular potatoes, you can easily remove the skins with a sharp kitchen knife, but sweet potatoes are harder to peel this way. A vegetable peeler makes the process much easier.
After you peel the potatoes, use a large, sharp knife to cut them into chunks. These can be whatever size you’d like, but just remember that bigger potatoes will take longer to cook than smaller potatoes. It’s especially important to make the potatoes roughly the same size so that all of them are done around the same time.
Next, mix the sweet potatoes with the other ingredients. Stir them well so that the potatoes are completely covered. Place them on a baking sheet and cook them for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
The cook time will vary depending on how big you slice your potatoes. Poke one of the potatoes with a fork to see if they are done. If the fork goes through easily, they should be done roasting.
Before serving, drizzle some extra maple syrup on top to give them a sweet maple glaze!
Roasted Maple Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup plus more for drizzle
- 1-½ tbsp olive oil plus more for baking sheet
- 1 garlic clove (about 1-½ tsp minced)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients besides the sweet potatoes.
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop into smaller squares. Mix them with the other ingredients, making sure to coat all of the potatoes.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet and cook uncovered in the oven for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through. Bake until fork-tender.
- When done cooking, drizzle some more maple syrup on top for extra sweetness.
- Optional: To be sure that the rosemary does not burn or lose its flavor, do not add it until you flip the potatoes halfway through baking.