Potatoes make a perfect side dish for any evening meal. With an easy parsley potatoes recipe, you can whip up a quick side dish in no time. Parsley red potatoes are also very inexpensive to make, especially if you are using bulk potatoes and homegrown parsley. These are perfect summertime potatoes, but if it’s winter, be sure to check out our rosemary red potatoes recipe!
Parsley Potatoes Ingredients
- red potatoes (substitute russet potatoes for an inexpensive dish)
- fresh parsley
- dried dill (freeze-dried dill is the best)
- onion powder
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to Make Parsley Potatoes
The nice thing about having a parsley potato recipe handy is that you can quickly make the potatoes and cook your main dish while they are baking! The actual work time is very short, but they take a little while in the oven to soften.
To make this recipe, simply take a large bowl and mix together all of the ingredients besides the potatoes. After washing the potatoes with a vegetable brush, chop them into small pieces. The smaller the potatoes, the shorter the cook time, but don’t make them too small or the seasonings will be overwhelming.
Then, mix the potatoes in with the other seasonings, making sure that the potatoes are well coated. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven!
When you think the potatoes are done cooking, poke one of them with a fork to make sure that they are soft all the way through. If you have to force the fork in, leave the potatoes in for a little while longer until they are soft enough.
How to Make Softer Potatoes
If you follow this recipe, your potatoes should come out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. However, if you prefer your potatoes completely soft, cover them with tinfoil during the baking process! This will trap any moisture inside and keep the potatoes from becoming crispy!
Parsley Potatoes Recipe
- 4–5 red potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tsp dill dried (freeze-dried preferred)
- 5 garlic cloves minced (about 5 tsp)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with tin foil if desired.
- Mix all ingredients (besides potatoes) together in a large bowl.
- Chop red potatoes into smaller pieces and mix with the seasonings.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet and place in oven for about 50 minutes. Optional: Cover with tin foil for softer potatoes.
- Check potatoes by poking with a fork. Pull them from the oven when they reach the desired consistency. Enjoy!