What is Cruelty-Free and Vegan Body Wash?
When it comes to body cleansers, body wash is more popular than bar soaps because of its hydrating properties and soothing scents. However, some body washes are made using animal-derived ingredients or tested on animals before being sold in stores.
Although the terms cruelty-free and vegan are sometimes used interchangeably, there’s a difference between them, and it’s possible for products to be vegan but not cruelty-free and vice versa.
Vegan body wash contains no animal-derived ingredients, such as honey or sodium tallowate. On the other hand, a body wash that is cruelty-free means that it has not been tested on animals.
The body wash brands in this list are both vegan and cruelty-free, not one or the other! If a brand has some (but not all) vegan and cruelty-free body washes, I’ll let you know which ones to choose or stay away from in the description.
As product ingredients are always subject to change, make sure you always pay close attention to the packaging and ingredients before purchasing.
Cruelty-Free and Vegan Body Wash Brands List
✅ Method Overview:
- Price Range: $7 – $8 per bottle
- Skin: both women’s and men’s body washes available
- Where to Buy: You can buy Method body wash online on Amazon. Or, find them at select retailers, including Walmart and Target! Each product on their site has a button that allows you to see where you can purchase that particular product.
If you’re shopping for a natural vegan body wash, check out Method body washes, which can be found at many major retailers!
Method products — whether body washes, cleaning supplies, or laundry detergent —are focused on using non-toxic ingredients and eco-friendly packaging. All Method body washes are made from plant-based ingredients and are never tested on animals!
Method has many vegan and cruelty-free body washes for men, which can be harder to find than women’s body washes. But if you’re looking for women’s body washes, they have plenty of those options to choose from as well!
✅ Native Overview:
- Price Range: $6 – $8 per bottle
- Skin Concern: Unscented body wash option for ultra-sensitive skin! All are safe for sensitive skin as well.
- Where to Buy: You can buy Native body wash online on their website. You can also find them in many stores including Walmart, Target, and many popular drug stores!
Native is a chemical-free, all-natural body care brand that uses safe yet effective ingredients to make deodorant, body wash, and toothpaste.
All Native natural body washes are vegan and cruelty-free! There are no added, unnecessary ingredients; Native tells you right on the bottle where the ingredients are sourced from and why they are being used.
If you have ultra-sensitive skin, Native offers an unscented vegan body wash! Additionally, there are many scents to choose from for both men and women, including some seasonal scents.
Love Beauty and Planet
✅ Love Beauty and Planet Overview:
- Price Range: $7 -$10
- Skin Concern: safe for sensitive skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Love Beauty and Planet products online on Amazon or on their website. You can also find them in stores including Walmart, Target, and select drug stores. Use their store locator to find products near you.
Love Beauty and Planet skincare products are all vegan and cruelty-free!
This eco-friendly brand uses ingredients found in nature — like rose, lavender, and coconut water — to create hair and body products that meet specific needs.
Try the shea butter and sandalwood body wash to moisturize and help maintain your skin’s moisture barrier. The coconut and mimosa flower body wash will refresh your skin. Or, relax with the argon oil and lavender body wash.
No matter which Love Beauty and Planet body wash you pick, you can be sure that it only uses vegan-friendly ingredients and is never tested on animals.
✅ LUSH Overview:
- Price Range: $9.95 – $59.95 (depends on bottle size)
- Skin Concern: Many LUSH body washes are heavily scented, so people with sensitive skin should stay away from this brand.
- Where to Buy: You can buy these products at LUSH stores or order online from their website!
LUSH is a vegetarian and cruelty-free brand that makes hair, body, and beauty products. Even though they are not 100% vegan, most of their products are vegan-friendly, and each product is clearly labeled on their site!
LUSH Cosmetics has many vegan shower gel options to choose from, including their best-selling Rose Jam shower gel! Other popular LUSH vegan body washes include Sleepy, The Olive Branch, and Dirty Springwash!
The only LUSH body washes that aren’t vegan-friendly are those containing honey, including the Honey I Washed the Kids shower gel. But don’t worry, these won’t be labeled vegan, so you’ll know to stay away from them.
✅ Avalon Organics Overview:
- Price Range: $7 – $11
- Skin Concern: varieties for both normal and extra dry skin. Check the product description on their site to see which one is best for you.
- Where to Buy: You can buy Avalon Organics products online on Amazon. Also, find them in a store near you, including Whole Foods, Publix, Sprouts, Kroger, and Giant Eagle!
If you’re looking for a natural and organic vegan body wash, check out Avalon Organics shower gels! All Avalon Organics body washes are vegan, cruelty-free, non-GMO, and contain organic ingredients.
There are multiple Avalon Organics body wash varieties to choose from, all formulated with organic botanicals and essential oils. Try out Nourishing Lavender, Refreshing Lemon, or Revitalizing Peppermint.
✅ Raw Sugar Overview:
- Price Range: $6.99 – $9.99
- Skin Concern: sensitive skin varieties and men’s body washes available!
- Where to Buy: Find Raw Sugar products at select retailers including Target, Walgreens, Meijer, H-E-B, and more!
Across all of their products, Raw Sugar is completely cruelty-free, and most of their products are vegan! Only one product is not vegan, and it’s not one of their body washes. So, all Raw Sugar body washes are both cruelty-free and vegan!
All our products are vegan except for one – our Raw Sugar Facial Polish as it contains honey.
While not all of their ingredients are organic and some of them are synthetic, you can be sure that your Raw Sugar body wash is free from toxins like parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. There are also vegan men’s body wash varieties available from this brand!
✅ Dr. Bronner’s Overview:
- Price Range: $3.19 – $42.99 (depending on size/product)
- Skin Concern: suitable for most skin types, including sensitive skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Dr. Bronner’s soaps online on Amazon or on their website.
While not all Dr. Bronner’s products are vegan, all of their body washes are vegan, cruelty-free, and made with organic ingredients! They verify this on their FAQ page:
All of Dr. Bronner’s products sold in the U.S. and Canada are Certified Vegan, except for our Organic Lip Balms and Organic Body Balms, which contain organic beeswax.
There are three varieties of Dr. Bronner’s vegan body cleansers to choose from: pure-castile liquid soap, pure-castile bar soap, and organic sugar soaps. All of them are vegan and cruelty-free!
✅ Ethique Overview:
- Price Range: $6-$13
- Skin Concern: unscented varieties for sensitive skin, and varieties for oily, dry, and normal skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Ethique products online on Amazon or on their website. Ethique bars are currently sold in select Target stores and all Mom’s Organic Erewhon stores. Use their store locator to find Ethique products near you.
If you’re eco-conscious and looking for a vegan body wash bar or a vegan body wash without palm oil, Ethique is the brand you should go with! They also have an unscented body wash bar for those with sensitive skin!
All Ethique products are vegan and cruelty-free! As an eco-friendly bonus, their products are plastic-free and zero-waste.
If you’re unsure about the scent you want, try one of the Ethique Samplers so you can test out four to five products at once! These mini bars are also great for travel!
If you liked this Cruelty-Free and Vegan Body Wash Guide, check out my other Vegan Bath and Body Brand Guides!
Leave a Reply