Vegan and Cruelty-Free Face Moisturizers
With so many face lotions to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. In this list of vegan and cruelty-free face moisturizers, I tried to make the decision easier by telling you what skin type or skin concern each brand is best for.
As you scroll through this list be sure to check out the quick brand overviews, which are highlighted with a green checkmark (✅). Here you can see a quick snapshot of the brand, including its price range, product varieties, and where to buy the products.
Looking for a specific type of vegan face lotion? Look for these face moisturizer varieties in the quick overviews:
- with sunscreen
- for sensitive skin
- for acne-prone skin
- for fine lines/wrinkles
- for dry skin
- for oily skin
- for redness
All of the face lotion brands on this list have vegan and cruelty-free options available, meaning that they do not contain any animal products or byproducts in the ingredients and they are never tested on animals.
As product ingredients are always subject to change, always pay close attention to the packaging and ingredients before purchasing.
Vegan Face Moisturizer Brands
✅ e.l.f. Cosmetics Overview:
- Price Range: $5-$12
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: for dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, with SPF
- Where to Buy: You can buy e.l.f. cosmetics online on their website or at many drugstores or major retailers, including CVS, Target, and Walmart. See their store locator to find products near you.
e.l.f. Cosmetics — one of the most inexpensive makeup and skincare brands that is easily found in almost any drugstore or retailer— is completely vegan and cruelty-free!
Try out e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Face Cream for dry skin, or the fragrance-free version for sensitive skin. The Mattifying Lotion is perfect for reducing shine on oily skin, and if you want to protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays, try out their Illuminating Moisturizer with SPF 15.
✅ bareMinerals Brand Overview:
- Price Range: $33 – $42
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: dry skin, large pores, with SPF, tinted, fine lines/wrinkles
- Where to Buy: You can buy bareMinerals products online on their site. Or, you can find them in select stores like Ulta, Sephora, and Macys. See their store locator to find products near you.
bareMinerals never tests its products on animals, so you can be sure that any moisturizer you get from this brand is cruelty-free. On their website, they also clearly label all vegan products, so you never have to guess if a product contains animal ingredients.
As for bareMinerals face moisturizers, they have many vegan varieties to choose from. The Poreless Oil-Free Moisturizer is perfect for acne-prone skin because it does not contain oil and is non-comedogenic. The Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream and Moisturizer with SPF 30 comes in over 15 shades! There are also many other face creams for other skin concerns, including dry skin or fine lines and wrinkles.
✅ Derma E Overview:
- Price Range: $20 – $35
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: tinted, with SPF, sensitive skin, anti-aging/anti-wrinkle, dry skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Derma E products online on their website or on Amazon. Find these products at select retailers near you including Ulta, Target, Whole Foods, or Sally Beauty Supply!
Derma E is an affordable, clean-ingredient skincare brand that is entirely vegan and cruelty-free! You’ll never find any harmful chemicals in Derma E products, and many are highly rated while still being affordable!
Since all Derma E products are vegan and cruelty-free, you can shop for any face lotion product without worrying about the ingredients or how it was tested. The Derma E website allows you to shop by skin concern, which can be extremely helpful if you don’t know what type of face moisturizer is best for you. There are many varieties to choose from including moisturizers with SPF, tinted moisturizers, anti-wrinkle moisturizers, and more!
✅ Juice Beauty Overview:
- Price Range: $15 – $100
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: dry skin, anti-wrinkle, tinted, with SPF, oil-free, organic
- Where to Buy: You can buy Juice Beauty products online on their website or from Ulta. You can also find these products in-stores at select retailers. Use their store locator to find products near you!
If you’re looking for a natural or organic vegan face moisturizer, all Juice Beauty products are organic and cruelty-free. According to their website, the only non-vegan product is their organic lip balm which contains beeswax. So, all Juice Beauty face moisturizers are organic, cruelty-free, and vegan!
Juice Beauty has many organic moisturizer products, so it’ll be easy to find one that suits your skin type or concern. They have anti-wrinkle face moisturizes, oil-free moisturizers, lotions with sunscreen, tinted mineral moisturizers, emulsion moisturizers (lightweight), and many more organic varieties!
MALIN + GOETZ
✅ MALIN + GOETZ Overview:
- Price Range: $50 – $76
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: sensitive skin, for fine lines, with sunscreen
- Where to Buy: You can buy MALIN + GOETZ products online on Amazon or on their website. Find these products in select retailers near you with their store locator.
If you have sensitive skin, all MALIN + GOETZ products are created specifically for people with sensitive skin because the founder suffers from skin conditions like rosacea, eczema, seborrhea, and fragrance allergies. In addition to being perfect for sensitive skin types, all of their products are cruelty-free and each one is labeled either vegan or vegetarian!
Not all of MALIN and GOETZ face moisturizers are vegan-friendly, but most of them are! You can see which products are vegan by visiting their product pages. The only vegan face lotion that was not vegan-friendly was the Advanced Renewal Cream (not to be confused with the Advanced Renewal Moisturizer, which is vegan). Vegan varieties include their Vitamin E Face Moisturizer, Advanced Renewal Moisturizer, and SPF 30 face moisturizer.
✅ Renee Rouleau Overview:
- Price Range: $40 – $70
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: for oily skin (mattifying lotion), combination skin, anti-aging, acne-prone skin, sensitive skin, for redness
- Where to Buy: Renée Rouleau products are exclusively sold on their website.
If you’re confused about your skin type and you’re worried about picking the wrong kind of facial moisturizer, Renee Rouleau has a solution for you! If you take their Skin Type Quiz, they’ll help you figure out your true skin type and assign it a number from 1 through 9. Each Renee Rouleau product says which skin type is best for that product, so you’ll know which products will work for you!
All Renee Rouleau products, including their moisturizers, are cruelty-free, and many of them are vegan! To see if a product is vegan, simply scroll through the description to where it says “formulated without.” If it’s vegan, it will say “Vegan. Never tested on animals.” If it just says that it’s not tested on animals, then it is not vegan-friendly.
✅ Skinfix Overview:
- Price Range: $50 – $70
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: dry skin, sensitive skin, normal skin, non-comedogenic/for acne-prone skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Skinfix products online on their website, sephora.com, or QVC.com. You can also find these products in a Sephora near you!
Skinfix is one of the highest-rated skincare brands, as their products have clean labels (no unnecessary, irritating ingredients) and are powered with active ingredients to address specific skincare needs. All Skinfix products are cruelty, free, and most products are vegan! All vegan products are labeled on their product page.
If you’re in need of skin hydration, try out Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Cream, which was a 2019 Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner! This face lotion treats deep dehydration while being non-comedogenic and safe for sensitive skin. For moderately dehydrated skin, check out the similar Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid Peptide Lotion, which is lighter than the cream version but still helps hydrate your skin.
✅ Drunk Elephant Overview:
- Price Range: $60 – $70
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: dry skin, fine lines/wrinkles, sun damage/aging
- Where to Buy: You can buy Drunk Elephant products from their official Amazon seller or directly from their website. You can also find them at select Sephora stores near you.
Award-winning hair and skincare brand Drunk Elephant never tests any of their products on animals, and many of their products are vegan-friendly! Vegan and cruelty-free status will be listed in the description on any product page.
The Allure and InStyle award-winning Lala Retro Whipped Cream is your go-to, all-purpose facial moisturizer. Not only does this cream give your skin long-lasting hydration, but it also helps support your skin’s natural barrier and combats signs of aging. If you’re looking for a moisturizer to help with fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage, you’ll want to go with the antioxidant-rich Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream.
✅ Ethique Overview:
- Price Range: $27 – $32
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: moisturizer bars for dry skin, normal skin, and mature skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Ethique face moisturizer bars online on Amazon or on their website.
If you’re going plastic-free, Ethique Face Moisturizer Bars are the perfect way to ditch the plastic bottles or tubs while still giving your face the hydration it needs! All Ethique products are vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and great for the environment!
You can choose between two vegan face moisturizer bars from this brand. Each pack comes with three lotion bars. Try out the Saving Face Serum bar if you have normal or dry skin. It’s loaded with antioxidants, fatty acids, and polyphenols to help firm and hydrate your skin. If you have mature or dry skin, you’ll want to go with The Perfector face lotion bar, as it is made with kokum butter to help strengthen the skin moisture barrier.
✅ Caudalie Overview:
- Price Range: $24 – $140
- Face Moisturizer Varieties: tinted, anti-wrinkle, oil-free, sensitive skin, dry skin, non-comedogenic/for acne-prone skin
- Where to Buy: You can buy Caudalie products online on their website. You can also find them in select stores like Sephora. Find a store near you.
The European company Caudalie is completely cruelty-free, with the exception of products sold in China, which may be randomly tested on animals. And except for the use of honey and beeswax in some of their products, no other animal-derived ingredients are ever used! On every product page, they are very transparent about the ingredients they use, so it’s easy to tell which products are vegan.
Choose from many Caudalie vegan face lotion varieties! The Premières Vendanges Moisturizing Cream soothes and protects the skin from signs of premature aging. The Vine[Activ] 3-in-1 Moisturizer is an anti-wrinkle, anti-pollution moisturizer. There are two different shades of tinted moisturizer, along with moisturizers that contain niacinamide, are suitable for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin, and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
If you liked this Cruelty-Free and Vegan Face Moisturizer Guide, check out my other Vegan Bath and Body Brand Guides!