Texas Roadhouse is not the most vegan-friendly restaurant out there. But if you happen to find yourself at this steakhouse, we’ll help you find something to snack on.
Many chain restaurants are very upfront about the ingredients and allergens in their food because they serve so many people. This is usually very helpful to vegans, because they try to avoid many common allergens, such as milk, eggs, and fish.
However, when putting together a list of all the vegan options at Texas Roadhouse, I noticed that this chain restaurant can be more secretive about what’s in their food. (Like their sneaky baked potato that is cooked in bacon grease.)
At the very bottom of Texas Roadhouse’s website, you’ll find a link for nutrition and allergen information. Although you can’t filter for vegan food, you can eliminate many animal products, such as milk, eggs, fish, and shellfish.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the restaurant directly. Their disclaimer is that because all of their food is made fresh, there might be some differences between locations, so always tell your server that you are vegan before ordering.
- Remove: cheese, eggs, croutons, and house dressing
- Add: oil & vinegar dressing, red onions
Country Veg Plate
- Choose any 4 side items (listed below). Only one can be a salad.
- Fresh Vegetables (ask that they are steamed or fried in oil)
- Green Beans (ask that they are steamed or fried in oil)
- Sauteed Onions (ask that they are cooked in oil)
- Sauteed Mushrooms (ask that they are cooked in oil)
- Buttered Corn (remove the butter)
- Side Salad (remove cheese, eggs, and croutons. Add red onion.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Texas Roadhouse rolls vegan?
No, the complimentary rolls are not vegan.
Are Texas Roadhouse steak fries vegan?
No, the steak fries are not vegan. They are cooked in a fryer with seafood products, and the chance of cross-contamination is high. Fish is listed as an allergen for the steak fries.
Are Texas Roadhouse baked potatoes or sweet potatoes vegan?
No, the baked potatoes and sweet potatoes are not vegan-friendly because they are cooked in bacon grease.
Are the fried pickles at Texas Roadhouse vegan?
No, the fried pickles are not vegan-friendly because the breading contains milk and eggs.
See more Vegan Restaurant Guides: