Is All Pasta Sauce Vegan?
Not all pasta sauce brands are vegan. Many store-bought pasta sauces contain multiple animal products, most of which are dairy products.
Be on the lookout for pasta sauces that contain milk, but also be careful about other animal products that are not listed under an allergy warning, like meat flavorings.
Luckily, many spaghetti sauce brands have vegan options even if all of their selections are not plant-based. Check out the list below to find many vegan pasta sauce brands. I've also included varieties that are not vegan so you can be sure to stay away from them.
This guide is for informational purposes only. All ingredients are subject to change, so be sure to always read ingredient labels before purchasing and contact manufacturers with any questions.
Like pasta sauce, not all pasta brands are vegan. To be sure you pair your plant-based sauce with vegan noodles, check out my vegan pasta brands guide!
- 365 Everyday Value
- Rao's (my favorite!)
- Victoria (most vegan cream sauces)
- Cucina Antica
- Farm to Fork
- Gia Russa
- Jar Goods (vegan vodka and pesto sauces)
- La San Marzano
- Lucini Italia
- Monte Bene
- Newman's Own
- Primal Kitchen (vegan alfredo and vodka sauces)
- Silver Palate
- Thrive Market
- Francesco Rinaldi
- Yo Mama's (vegan wine sauces)
Prego Sauces are on the shelves of almost any grocery store. Like many other popular brands of pasta sauce, there are both vegan and non-vegan varieties of Prego sauces!
If you are buying these products as a vegan, I encourage you to be extremely careful about reading the ingredients, as many names are similar but have very different ingredient lists. For example, some mushroom sauces are vegan, and others contain beef.
The main ingredient vegans should look out for is sugar. Because it’s not usually organic, it is not guaranteed vegan. All Prego sauces that are vegan except for sugar are marked with an asterisk (*) so that people on a plant-based diet can still eat these products.
Where to Buy: You can buy Prego pasta sauces online at Amazon. Or, you can find them at almost any major grocery store.
Prego Vegan Sauces:
- Prego Traditional Sauce *
- No Sugar Added Traditional Sauce
- Lower Sodium Traditional Sauce *
- Marinara Sauce
- Sensitive Recipe Traditional Sauce *
- Garden Chunky Zucchini Sauce *
- Garden Chunky Tomato with Leafy Greens Sauce *
- Garden Chunky Mushroom Supreme Sauce *
- Lower Sodium Mushroom Sauce *
- Garden Chunky Tomato, Onion, & Garlic Sauce *
- Garden Chunky Combo Sauce *
- Farmers’ Market White Bean & Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Farmers’ Market Chickpea & Kale Sauce
- Farmers’ Market Mushroom Sauce *
- Farmers’ Market Garden Vegetable Sauce
- Farmers’ Market Tomato Basil Sauce *
- Farmers’ Market Roasted Garlic Sauce *
- Farmers’ Market Classic Marinara Sauce *
Prego Sauces that aren’t Vegan:
- All Prego alfredo sauces are not vegan.
- Creamy Vodka Sauce
- Spicy Sausage Meat Sauce
- Mini Meatball Meat Sauce
- Lower Calorie/Light Smart Traditional Sauce (contains flavoring, which may be animal-based)
- Roasted Garlic & Herb Sauce (contains flavoring)
- Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Sauce
- Tomato, Basil, Garlic Sauce (contains flavoring)
- Lower Sodium Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Sauce
- Italian Sausage and Garlic Meat Sauce
- Three Cheese Sauce
- Garden Mushroom & Green Pepper Sauce (contains flavoring)
- Italian Sauce Flavored with Meat Sauce
- Fresh Mushroom Sauce
- Farmers’ Market Four-Cheese Sauce