Is All Pasta Sauce Vegan?
Not all pasta sauce brands are vegan. Many store-bought pasta sauces contain multiple animal products, most of which are dairy products.
Be on the lookout for pasta sauces that contain milk, but also be careful about other animal products that are not listed under an allergy warning, like meat flavorings.
Luckily, many spaghetti sauce brands have vegan options even if all of their selections are not plant-based. Check out the list below to find many vegan pasta sauce brands. I've also included varieties that are not vegan so you can be sure to stay away from them.
This guide is for informational purposes only. All ingredients are subject to change, so be sure to always read ingredient labels before purchasing and contact manufacturers with any questions.
Like pasta sauce, not all pasta brands are vegan. To be sure you pair your plant-based sauce with vegan noodles, check out my vegan pasta brands guide!
- 365 Everyday Value
- Rao's (my favorite!)
- Victoria (most vegan cream sauces)
- Cucina Antica
- Farm to Fork
- Gia Russa
- Jar Goods (vegan vodka and pesto sauces)
- La San Marzano
- Lucini Italia
- Monte Bene
- Newman's Own
- Primal Kitchen (vegan alfredo and vodka sauces)
- Silver Palate
- Thrive Market
- Francesco Rinaldi
- Yo Mama's (vegan wine sauces)
Bertolli pasta sauces are on the shelves of almost any major grocery store, but they are not all vegan! Luckily, some are.
Bertolli makes many cheesy alfredo sauces that are clearly not vegan, but some of their red sauces are also not vegan-friendly. Make sure you read the ingredients carefully before you buy.
Note: Non-organic sugar is not always vegan, so if sugar is an ingredient there will be a * next to the product.
Where to Buy: You can buy Bertolli products online at Amazon or at many major grocery stores.
Bertolli Vegan Pasta Sauces:
- Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs & Fresh Garlic Sauce
- Rustic Cut Marinara with Traditional Vegetables Sauce
- Rustic Cut Roasted Garlic Marinara with Garden Vegetables Sauce
- Rustic Cut Sweet Peppers and Portobello Mushroom Sauce
- Rustic Cut Spicy Marinara with Traditional Vegetables Sauce
- Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- Organic Olive Oil, Basil & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Olive Oil & Garlic Sauce *
- Portobello Mushroom Sauce *
Bertolli Sauces that are Not Vegan:
- All Bertolli alfredo sauce varieties are not vegan.
- Bertolli Parmesan & Romano with Cracked Black Pepper
- Rustic Cut Three Cheese with Aged Asiago, Romano, and Parmesan
- Tomato & Basil sauce (natural flavors and sugar may not be vegan)
- Five Cheese Sauce with Ricotta, Romano, and Parmesan Cheeses
- Vodka Pasta Sauce
- Vineyard Marinara with Merlot Red Wine Pasta Sauce (sugar and wine may not be vegan)
- Italian Sausage with Garlic and Romano Sauce
- Organic Five Cheese Sauce